Lead, partner and unify the community for the Appomattox and James Rivers
Membership & Funding
How is Friends of Chesterfield's Riverfront funded?
The work of Friends is funded by contributions from industry, the county and membership dues.
How do I become a Member?
Download and fill out our membership form
What are the benefits of membership?
- Enjoying fun, river oriented programs
- Attending educational seminars and conferences sponsored by Friends
- Volunteering to improve the rivers through an organized community effort
- Learning more about what is happening along the Appomattox and James Rivers
- Receiving newsletters and notices of special river oriented events
What will my membership accomplish?
- Helping the community experience the rivers through river oriented programs such as hikes, bird walks, canoeing and tours.
- Promoting land stewardship and conservation opportunities to industries, businesses, developers and residential landowners.
- Promoting public access to the county’s rivers so all citizens have an opportunity to learn about and enjoy the river and the surrounding natural resources.
- Sponsoring projects with Chesterfield County Public Schools such as the riparian buffer and stream restoration project at James River High School.
- Promoting conservation and restoration of riparian habitat such as enhancing the birding opportunities at the Dutch Gap Conservation Area and teaching classes related to design using native plant materials.
- Leading and participating in River Cleanup Partnerships like the James River Cleanup Partnership that involves the community in the cleanup activities.
- Making volunteer opportunities available for members and groups to focus on Chesterfield’s rivers.
How can I become involved?
- Enjoy Chesterfield's riverfront resources;
- Attend events sponsored or co-sponsored by Friends;
- Volunteer to help Friends with special projects;
- Join Friends -- Membership is open to students, individuals, families, businesses, corporations, civic organizations and other organizations.
Members receive registration discounts. Memberships are available for:
- $10 - students and teachers
- $20 - individuals
- $30 - family.